How to take care of your Crystals
Crystals are formed of different minerals which influence their properties and textures, consequently affecting how they should be cleansed. Here, we are going to give you some care taking instructions based on the type of crystal you are buying.
Our main warning is: ALWAYS READ THE DESCRIPTION THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE WITH YOUR PIECE. WE SPECIFY IF YOUR PRECIOUS LIKES WATER OR NOT.
Before it travels to you, we carefully cleanse all crystals with loads of positive energy & love, however, follow the tips below to keep them constantly vibrating within your body.
* We advise you to set an intention before cleansing your crystal <3 For instance, you can think all negativity being washed away and your crystal getting
✧ General tips for each type of crystal:
- Layered crystals: are fragile and don’t like to be in contact with the water. E.g.: Mica
- Water-soluble crystals: with a salt aspect, these crystals can’t be in contact with water. E.g.: Selenite
- Point or polished crystals: need extra care as it can be easily scratched or damaged but most likely will like water. E.g., Clear Crystal Point
- Tumbled stones: more resistant stones, they usually like water (to be specified in the description of your jewel). E.g.: Jade, amethyst
- Self-cleaning: some crystals such as Citrine & Kyanites don't require any special treatment as they have the ability to self-clean themselves
✧ General tips for crystal cleansing:
- Place your crystal in the sunlight & moonlight for a few hours. Be attentive not to forget them all day especially under the sunlight as some stones can fade the colour.
- If you have a Selenite or a Carnelian in your collection, use them to cleanse your crystals. They have this fantastic capability that helps us out.
- You can hold your crystal under the running water, in the ocean or saltwater as well. Water is a powerful natural tool for us.
- Fragile and clusters kind of crystals can be left in the salt rock overnight and gently be brushed in the morning.
- Smudging your crystal with your fav incense or a sage stick is a lovely way to purify and recharge them.
✧ Cleaning your chains:
- Silver & Gold plated chains in contact with your skin can go dark along time. However, the colour of your chain won't change as we work only with a good quality Sterling Silver.
- We suggest you use white toothpaste. You will notice it getting brighter straight away :) if you have a proper silver cloth, it will do the job as well.